Money Jihad blog has an excellent synopsis of Arab Bank’s activities, which we can’t possibly improve upon:
The judge’s ruling can be paraphrased as: Well, Arab Bank may have funded terrorism, but you can’t prove it (because they won’t turn over their documents). And even if you could prove it, that doesn’t mean the money that the bank gave terrorists directly led to your injuries.
The gentleman who was injured, God bless him, will appeal the decision. As a refresher, here is Arab Bank’s history:
- Arab Bank has transferred money on behalf of Comité de Bienfaisance et de Secours aux Palestiniens (CBSP), a notorious French charity, to a known financial subunit of Hamas.
- Arab Bank paid out insurance benefits to families of suicide bombers for the Saudi Committee—another charity that funds Hamas.
- Arab Bank handled transactions by the Holy Land Foundation, whose leaders now sit behind bars for financing terrorism.
- Arab Bank used its New York branch to facilitate these payments.
- Arab Bank refused to turn over bank documents to the court.