TRUTH BE TOLD

TRUTH BE TOLD
WORLD NEWS EVERY DAY

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Democrat Party Leader Claims Call to Shoot NRA Supporters Not a ‘Death Threat’

John Cobaruvvias, the Texas Democratic Party leader who issued a tweet advocating violence against NRA members, told Houston ABC affiliate KTRK Monday that his call to shoot supporters of the pro-gun group was not a death threat.
“Can we now shoot the #NRA and everyone who defends them?” he tweeted after the Connecticut school shootings.
“I think my emotions got the best of me on this one. I don’t think it was the right thing to do. And that’s just my personal opinion, I don’t think it was the right thing,” he said.
Cobaruvvias deleted the offensive tweet and issued an apology of sorts, but his original message was captured and posted at Big Jolly Politics.
“My apologies to those I offended concerning the #nra. My emotions on the subject got the better of me. It didn’t help,” he said.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment